ABCs of Acting in English: Yes And Act! with Anthony // 3-hour Workshops (Open/Upon Demand)
”God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.” – William Shakespeare
LEARN THE BASICS OF ACTING and have FUN!
In this fun acting class in Athens with our inspiring teacher Anthony Burk, you will learn how to warm-up the basic tools of an actor: your body and your voice. Through a series of different techniques and games you will explore your creativity and work on a monologue of your choice. You will learn how to unlock the meanings behind the words and how study a character. You will also learn or brush up on your acting terminology such as “objective”, “blocking”, “tactics”, and more! This high energy course will help you improve with your public speaking skills and gain self confidence while at the same time having a lot of fun!
Basic requirement is that participants have already chosen a monologue and learned it by heart before the start of the workshop.
*Acting MasterClass in Athens Info*
✔️1 workshop (3-hours): 75 EUR (+ free certificate)
✔️2 workshops (6-hours): 130 EUR (20EUR discount + free certificate)
✔️ Number of participants: minimum 4, maximum 8
👉🏼 Just be sure the location and starting time work for you to stay on track!
🎭 Beginners in acting and improv, even if it's your first time!
🌟 If you're passionate about theater or just curious, you're in!
🔄 Perfect for those who had acting or improv courses ages ago and want to dust off those skills and spark creativity.
👉🏼 And after the course, there's the exciting option to level up and aim for that grand graduation show! 🎓🌟
ABCs of Acting in English: Yes And Act! with Anthony // 3-hour Workshops (Open/Upon Demand)
We can help you boost/activate your:
- Expression and creativity
- Public speaking skills
- Body awareness
- Connection & interaction with others
- Communication skills
- English speaking skills
- Happiness levels!
- Focused and fun curricula from our experienced & inspiring teachers
- Personal & group feedback from our teachers
- Classes of 12-14 people max
- Graduation certificates (upon request)
- Safe and multicultural environment (students are our priority!)
Acting and Improv theater are both forms of performance and have similarities, but they also have some key differences:
What is Acting
Acting is a structured process of interpreting and portraying a character/role in a scripted play or film. Actors are given a script to work with and deliver it as authentically as possible. They are expected to memorise lines and blocking and to create a believable and consistent portrayal of a character over the course of a performance. This also involves creative exploration of physicality and character voices.
Acting teaches you how to express & perform a character/role physically in an honest and confident way, in many different situations, and helps you connect deeper with the emotions and thoughts of a character/role.
What is Improv
Improv is a more unstructured process of creating a scene without any script. Participants must get out of their comfort zones, think on their feet and tap into spontaneity while performing. Improv actors typically work with minimal preparation or planning, and they are expected to create characters, dialogue and action on the spot, often in response to suggestions or prompts from the audience or other performers. There may be a lot of fun, laughter and camaraderie in the process.
Improv helps you connect deeper with others in a more authentic & empathetic way; be more creative, think on your feet and tap into your spontaneity and your playful inner child.
Both Αcting and Ιmprov theater can be helpful tools for developing acting skills and building confidence on stage, but they are different techniques that require different approaches and skill sets. Both Acting and Improv can improve your listening and communication skills and level up your ability to actively and openly communicate with the world around you!
Our goal is to always have affordable prices so that everyone can benefit from theater. We also offer several discounts and gifts:
- "Loyalty'' discount*: is the discount given to students who booked 2 or more full courses. The amount of the discount is usually between 15-30 euros depending on the season, the city and the course.
- "Friends” discount*: is the discount given to a student who booked & completed a full course, and who also recommended us a friend who booked a full course with us. The amount of the discount is usually between 15 and 30 euros total depending on the season, the city and the course.
*Discounts cannot be combined.
More info in our Terms & Conditions.
A Trial class is a class that is offered to the students who are not sure if Acting or Improv is something for them and would like to try first. A trial class is part of the full course (so not a separate class) and can be taken only at the starting date of each course. If you book a trial class, your spot for the full course/package is not always secured and is subject to availability, because spots are limited and we need to give priority to students who booked the full course in advance.
After the end of your trial, we will know if you can join the full course/package or not. If you like the trial, the full course/package must be booked as soon as possible, so the teacher knows how many people are joining the course and plan the course accordingly.
Attendance & presence
- Students must attend at least 80% of each course/package (so if the course has 8 classes, you can miss max 2 classes of the course/package you booked) and be present/focused on the class. Regular attendance & engagement significantly affects the group dynamics & energy as well as provides the students with increased opportunities to partake in pair- and group activities. It is beneficial for a student to commit to the majority of the lessons in a course to ensure his/her personal & the group´s growth, also because each succeeding lesson will build on the skills and activities of the previous lesson. If a student is absent, late or not present/engaged in more than 2 group classes per course, then unfortunately he/she will not be eligible to continue the course and no refund/amendment/credit/compensation can be provided.
- Arrive at the studio 5 minutes earlier to make sure we all start on time, so they all get the most out of the class! In case a student cannot arrive at a group course on time or cannot attend for any reason, he/she must write an instant Whatsapp message in the group chat, at least 1-2 hours before the start of a group class.
- In case you are late/sick/cannot attend a class for any reason, please always inform the Whatsapp group in advance by sending a direct message in the group chat. The teacher needs to know the attendance to adjust the structure of each weekly class.
Safe & growing environment
- Students must act in a respectful, polite and non-discriminatory way to their co-students and the teacher, inside and outside the class.
- Follow the instructions of the teacher during a class without judging the teacher or others and communicate with the teacher clearly and in advance, for any necessary feedback/personal requests regarding the course and its structure.
- We ensure that our teachers will do their best to create a safe, non-judging, empathetic & team-oriented space, while being open to feedback and improvement 🤗.
- All participants must take care of the space/studio as well. In case there is any damage caused by accident or purpose, neither Act Attack nor the teacher are liable/responsible for the costs.
Students have the right to withdraw/cancel their booking for any reason, at least 30 days before the original starting date of a group/private course.
Amendments/Credits for 1 or 2 missed classes
We don't provide any amendments, credits or compensations, if a student cannot join 1 or 2 classes of a course for any reason. We might be able to offer a discount or a special price for a course, depending on the availability and only we we know in advance that a student cannot join 1 or 2 classes. However, the discount/special price will not be proportional to the price of a class, as we only sell full courses (depending on the course & city).
Amendments/Credits for 3 or more missed classes
We only sell full courses or course packages of 5 to 12 classes (depending on the course & city) and trial classes. So you can either pay for a full course/package, for a trial or for both.
Students who paid a full course/course package but know in advance that they cannot attend 3 or more classes for any reason, have the right to request only for an amendment or credit and only if all of the following conditions apply:
- A) the amendment/credit is asked the latest 1 week before the start of each group course (that the student originally registered for),
- B) we have at least 8 students fully registered in the course that the student dropped out of, and
- C) the amendment/credit is valid for another course that has spots left in the same season (between 1 week and 2 days before it starts), or for any other course 1 season after the current season.
If you want to learn more about our course's full terms & conditions click here.
Not sure yet... Why not give it a try?
For those who are not sure if they want to commit, you can join a trial class for our online and in-class theater courses.
Come to the first class of your chosen course. If you decide to continue, you can pay the whole amount afterwards, minus the amount of the trial class.
Contact us to book a trial class!